Monday, January 14, 2013

Posters for Stories

Hi grade eights!

I know you are super busy and that we keep piling on the work:
  1. Digital Stories from Chiang Mai
  2. Paragraphs for Murikami and Gish Jen
  3. Reading Adiga
  4. Portfolios! 
Wow, will it ever end? I have one more thing that needs to get done! By Friday! I know, I know I am sorry.

As your stories come in on Friday, (Or earlier! The sooner we get them the easier things will be) we need a way to share them with people in a non-digital way. While each class will have a portfolio page like these on Vimeo, we still need to direct traffic from the eighth grade pod and the library to these digital spaces. How will we do this I hear you asking? Posters and QR codes.

You have been asked to upload your completed stories to a Google Drive folder that I have shared with you. Please also create a Pages poster. On this poster you must include:
  1. An image from your story: Still shot frame or photograph from your story.
  2. A title
  3. A tag line or piece of text that hooks the reader (Optional)
  4. Your name
Here is an example:


Don't worry about the QR code for now. Once I have all the videos uploaded, I will create a table with all the URLs, and I will email instructions on how to create a QR. At which time you will go back into the Drive folder and add the QR code to your poster and come to class on Tuesday with it printed out.

If you can get the video to me before Friday, it will make the entire process much easier. Please add any questions below.

No comments:

Post a Comment